If you could build your new home that will stand stronger against wind, flood and earthquake, reduce its energy consumption by over half, improve interior health and comfort, increase your equity value and cost you less money each year to live in, would you do it?
Build your business with value added over other methods of construction. Create a building that portrays your value and products. SunTerra EnergyBlock allows you to design the appropriate exterior façade of your choosing. Your customers will appreciate the added comfort and reduced energy use in your building. You have chosen to be a good steward to your community by building a very sustainable structure. If you choose to expose the decorative masonry surface on the exterior and not take advantage of the thermal battery effect, this wall system will give you the ability to insulate and wire the interior surface more efficiently at less expense than using wood or steel studs.
System “C” has been developed to meet the construction needs for commercial/industrial buildings. The exterior wall system is constructed without the use of wood or steel components. This eliminates the possibility of wood and steel degradation over time.
The typical wood and steel components have been replaced with PVC members reducing thermal bridging and moisture problems. Exceptions are store fronts and doors, if they have metal frames.
More Design Freedom
Construction System C - Vertical Transitions
Construction System C - Horizontal Transitions
Incorporating insulation horizontal transition at mid wall can provide: low wall exterior durability, design interest, and simplifies wiring needs on the building interior.
- Utilize the thermal flywheel effect
- Reduce heating and cooling cost
- Improve interior comfort
- Choose decorative masonry value in the interior
- Meets or exceeds energy code requirement
- Prevent thermal bridging and moisture condensation
- All water resistant components
- Reduce potential mold problems
- Eliminate the need for concrete fasteners
- Conceal electrical wiring
- Meet the continuous insulation code requirement
- Save time and money
This high mass thermal battery construction provides benefit to industrial buildings i.e.:
- Natural cooling with night economizer cycle to discharge unwanted heat preparing for the next day cooling needs.
- Take advantage of off-peek utility rates by storing needed heat during the low rate time and use it during the high rate hours with minimum interior temperature fluctuation.
- Store heat generated during the day in the energy block structure to take you through the 24-hour cycle reducing night time heating requirements.
- Apply passive solar heating, storing it within the insulated structure whenever appropriate. Take advantage of this insulated thermal battery however possible.